There are two forms of search engine optimization; Off Page and On Page. The external measures you take to increase your search engine rankings fall under off-page SEO, while on page optimisation focuses around the website itself.
Why is On Page SEO important?
To ensure your page ranks on top of the Google search list you must optimize your website. When you are listed on the top you will generate more traffic and that will do wonders for your business, because more traffic means more sales, and more sales leads to more income. Therefore, it is very essential for you to do everything you can to ensure that your website is attracting a big audience.
We have created a checklist to help you identify if you are making the most of your optimisation activities. Here are some of the activities included in the checklist:
- Optimization of Meta tags including title, headings, description, and content based on important keywords.
- Analysis of SEO content
- Analysis of website structure
- Analysis of website usage
You can use this checklist to see if your website is optimised or not.
How does it work?
On Page SEO means designing and structuring your website to appeal to search engines. This serves to increase your website’s visibility and you get ranked higher by the search engines. You can work in different ways to optimise for your site. However, there are few common points you will need to focus on.
- Keywords: The foremost step to optimizing your page is to look for and choose the right keywords. You must choose the most popular words that relate to your content and incorporate it in your writing and the HTML tags on your page. The keywords are typed into the search engines by the customers when they want to search for something. The more specific and relevant the keywords, the more likely your site will appear at the top of the search list.
- Content: The content of your webpage must be original, relevant, and appealing. You must incorporate the right amount of keywords strategically into the content. It is very important to have a balance of keywords as overuse can lead to penalization by the search engines and underuse can mean decreased visibility. Aside to keyword usage, you must ensure that you only add content that is relevant, original and gives the reader what he wants.
- Structure: Search engines tend to prefer sites that are well-structured and organized. If you want to get more visitors you must make it easy for them to find it. Links are also an essential part of website structure. Make sure you have links between the main page and the subject pages on your website.
- HTML Tags: Complete optimization is only possible when you include keywords and relevant information into your website code. This allows the search engines to understand what your site is about and helps them categorise it. HTML tags on the title tags, URL, and images must reflect keyword and subject if possible.
All these factors together can transform a sinking website into a huge success, all by just improving the visibility of your site. Moreover, it has a huge impact on the size of the audience your site receives.